Transition Week in San Diego
After two crazy weeks at work, this week will be a break for me. Actually, it's been a wild month.
Tomorrow I leave for 3 days in San Diego at a national meeting. I'm looking forward to it because:
1) I need a little break from the grind of my job and while I'still be working per se, it will be with a different part of my brain and fairly enjoyable. Get me away from my desk.
2) I need sleep! I think I average about 6.5 hours of sleep a night and on the weekends, I catch up just to do it all over again the next week. When Sean starts sleeping through the night on a regular basis, things will improve. Not only does he still wake up at least once per night, this morning he was wide awake and chirping happily to himself in his crib at 5:08 a.m. Yikes!
3) I've never been to San Diego and I can probably get a least an hour or two one evening to check out life beyond the conference center.
4) It will be so nice to have a break from cooking, cleaning and diaper changing, although I'm going to miss the kids and worry a lot, of course. That's just how I am. They are going to Ed's parents' house for the two days I am gone and then back to their regular situation on Friday all day while I'm heading back home.
5) I just need some down time to think, to reflect. This week marks the end of the busiest month at my job and I haven't had time to really process it all. Dead time in an airport and on a plane will help me do that.
6) We're transitioning to spring, sort of (warm weather arrives really in May in Michigan). When I get back, it will be April! That will really start to seem like spring--longer days, milder weather.
March--it was a hell of a month. To borrow from the Beatles....here comes the sun..